Pancakes are my favorite. Especially after sleeping in and having nothing on the agenda except for playing outside and spending time with wonderful people on a beautiful Charleston day. My sister and I whipped these amazing pancakes up on Saturday morning and they turned out beautifully and gave us plenty of energy for a walk in the park after breakfast!
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Pancakes
2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup all-purpose flour (or gluten-free flour)
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
4 tbsp coconut oil, melted
1/4 cup peanut butter
3 tbsp honey
1 cup almond milk
1. Mix all dry ingredients together in a large bowl
2. Add the wet ingredients and whisk until combined and batter is thin enough to pour
3. Heat a large skillet over medium heat and spray with cooking spray (or brush with coconut oil)
4. Pour the pancake batter onto the skillet and cook until bubbles form. Flip pancakes and cook on skillet for an additional ~1 minute.
This weekend’s highlights:
1. Sunset chasin’ with my sweet sister Megan. On Friday night, we raced to the Pitt Street Pier in Mt. Pleasant to chase down what was making to be a beautiful sunset. And man did we catch it!