Over the past year, I have been on more road trips ever before and sometimes I feel like I am CONSTANTLY driving. Now one thing you should know about me is that I struggle to be sitting for long periods of time. Think the jumping out of my seat kind of struggle. I am just always so excited to get to my destination that it’s hard for me to enjoy the interstate!
With summer on the horizon, here are the things that I am loving right now for those long days in the car…
1. Ipod hookup. This is my road trip lifesaver because I gotta have the tune-age. The best casette-ipod connector that I have found is the Monster iCarPlay so if you are old school like me and still have a casette player, the Monster is the best! Here’s what I’m listening to on the road these days…
- Holding On To You- Twenty One Pilots
- Use Somebody- Tyrone Wells
- Listen To Me Know- Matt Hires
- What You Know- Two Door Cinema Club
- Brother- NEEDTOBREATHE
- Show You Off- Dan + Shay
- Helluva Life- Frankie Ballard
- Wood and Stone- Tara Nevins
- You Know It’s True- Julie Larson
- What You’re Thinking- Passenger
- Semi Automatic- Twenty One Pilots
- Hey Little Darlin- The Wilders
2. Cooking mags (especially Cooking Light) for recipe lovin’ and perusing on the road 🙂
3. This adorable Fedora from Target. I got this a few weeks back and want to wear it every.single.day this summer. I love how it can transition from day to night and add instant style to absolutely anything.
4. Healthy snacks of course! Road trip favorites are nut and fruit trail mix, Uber bars, and Boom Chicka Pop! I always have a handful of healthy snacks with me while traveling so that I can stay on track with my healthy eating.
5. Comfy tank tops. This tank from ModCloth is bright, cheery, flowy and perfect for those hot car trips where you want to be both cute and comfortable!
6. Summer shades. I am notorious for breaking my sunglasses so I always go for the $15 or less types. These are a great pair from TJ Maxx that are clumsy person resistant and get the job done!