I’m gonna be honest… this week has left me yearning for some lazy beach days. With the weather heating up here all I want to do is be out in the sun or by the water. But of course, real life is actually a thing and I feel like I have been running the race at about 1,000 miles per hour.
Need. to. slow. down. and. just. chill.
That being said, I love nothing more than a bonfire and s’mores on a relaxing summer night. And now that summer is just around the corner, (well…it’s already here in Charleston) I am excited for lots of peaceful moments spent with friends by the fire… with lots of s’mores and campfire songs included 🙂
These cookies were inspired by my favorite summer treat, and OH MY YUM are these to die for. Just think: peanut butter whole-wheat dough base, melty milk chocolate, crispy graham cracker crumbs, and ooey-gooey marshmallow-ey goodness. Basically these are perfect. And you don’t even need a fire. But these would be really nice if you were sitting next to a fire…with a cookie in hand.
Alright I’ll stop. Just make these, okay?
Peanut Butter S’mores Cookies
Makes about 16 cookies
1 cup white whole-wheat flour
1 cup rolled oats
3/4 cup peanut butter
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup almond milk (you can also use soy milk or cow’s milk)
3/4 cup mini marshmallows
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Mix the flour, oats, baking soda, salt, and brown sugar in a large bowl
3. Add the peanut butter, almond milk, and egg and mix until a stiff-dough forms
4. Pour in the marshmallows, chocolate chips, and graham crackers, and mix until just combined
5. Form dough into balls and place on a cookie sheet
6. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown and the marshmallow is oozing out (sorry for using the word oozing but it just applies to the ‘mallows!)
Have a restful and joyful weekend!!