Alright so here’s the deal. I’m on a big citrus kick right now. Almost every single thing that I have eaten this week includes some type of lemon/lime. A fresh, lemon-y pasta just sounds like summer now doesn’t it?
This Lemon Bowtie Pasta with Asparagus, Spinach, & Parmesan is just that- and isn’t bowtie pasta is just precious? It kinda sorta makes me feel like I’m a kid again but this recipe makes it look all grown-up and healthy because it’s whole wheat and has veggies in it. But nonetheless adorable.
The whole wheat pasta with the tart lemon, garlic and sharp parmesan flavor makes this perfectly quick and healthy dinner quite the treat. Great for one of those nights where you don’t really want to cook but then you think about this pasta and you’re like just kidding I want that. Just sayin’.
Bowtie Pasta with Lemon, Asparagus, Spinach, & Parmesan
3 cups whole wheat bowtie pasta
1 lb asparagus spears, cut into 3-4 inch pieces
2 cloves minced garlic
2 tbsp olive oil
1 1/2 cups spinach
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/3 cup + 2 tbsp shredded parmesan cheese
1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
2. In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice and olive oil and set aside.
3. Heat the additional 1 tbsp olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and saute for 1-2 minutes.
4. Add the asparagus + spinach and cook for about 5 minutes or until the spinach is wilted and asparagus is tender.
5. In a large bowl, combine the pasta, lemon + olive oil, and veggies. Toss in1/3 cup parmesan.
6. Divide among four bowls and sprinkle with the additional parmesan before serving.
Happy happy Friday!! I am so excited for an outdoor adventure weekend with the sweetest of friends!
Hope yours is fabulous 🙂