I’m so happy to be back and posting again!! I spent the past week relaxing and adventuring with my family and best friends in Charleston, enjoying the beach, beautiful weather, and lots of yummy food. It was a great “recharge” week for me as the weeks ahead hold lots of exciting new beginnings and adventures.
Today marks the start of my very first “big girl job” and I am so excited to start my journey in an awesome work environment that is allowing me to use my love for nutrition, creativity, and people. The Lord has been so faithful in providing for me exactly what I need during this season, it is truly incredible and I owe all of the glory to Him!
With so many changes in life, there are also going to be some BIG changes coming to this site, but stay tuned for lots of updates in the VERY near future 🙂
But about these tostadas…
I want so many more of these. Good thing I only made a few for my roommate and I because we would have devoured them all. They are a perfect blend of mellow avocado, slightly crisp tortilla, and zingy veggies and black beans. OH MY YUM. Can I eat this everyday? For real though.
These tostadas pack on the flavor and are deliciously vegetarian. Even meat lovers will love these as they are both filling and incredibly flavorful!
4 flour tortillas
1 large avocado, mashed
1 cup of black beans
1 large zucchini, chopped
1/3 yellow onion, diced
1 yellow, orange, or red pepper, chopped
1 tbsp salsa
1 tsp lime juice
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp olive oil
Optional toppings: additional salsa, shredded cheese, diced tomatoes, sour cream
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Toast tortillas on a greased cookie sheet for 10-12 minutes or until they “puff” up and begin to crisp on the sides.
3. In a small bowl, combine the mashed avocado, lime juice, salt, and salsa. Set aside
4. In a medium saute pan, cook the zucchini, onion, and peppers over medium heat for 5-7 minutes or until cooked through. Season with garlic powder, chili powder, and a pinch of salt.
5. Heat the black beans on the stove top or in the microwave if desired.
6. To prepare the tostadas: spread a thin layer of the avocado mixture on each tortilla and top with black beans, veggies, and additional toppings.