Oh hey I should really be studying right now. RD exam is in T-minus 13 days! I wish that recipe creation and cookie baking could be a part of the exam. I really really do. Or that I could take the exam by talking about how much I love food and healthy eating. This whole looking at words thing is not my favorite. But really I think that I forgot how to study over the past year.Or let’s be honest I was always more of the “applied” studier (aka I would “talk out” my study guides at Starbucks in college). Somehow I made it through.
Must. make. myself. focus.
Out of all of the cookies that I have ever made, my most favorite favorite favorite is the peanut butter + oatmeal combo. It is just SO. GOOD. After making constant variations of this type of cookie, I think I found the winner. This recipe includes some dark chocolate chunks and applesauce to eliminate any kind of butter or extra fat (the peanut butter gives it just enough!) and these are also whole-wheat… holler you could eat these for breakfast. These were gobbled up in minutes!
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chunk Cookies
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking power
1 cup rolled oats
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup dark chocolate chunks
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, beat together the brown sugar, applesauce, peanut butter, egg, and vanilla.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the salt, baking soda, baking powder, oats, and flour.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chunks
5. Spoon the dough onto a greased cookie sheet and bake for about 10 minutes.
Okay bye! Go make these cookies.
HAPPY FRIDAY FRIENDS!